How to make the perfect Matcha Latte with Jess Alizzi
• Scoop 1-1.5 tsp of HIKUU matcha into a fine mesh strainer over a tea bowl.
• Wet matcha with 15ml of water at 75°C.
• Whisk matcha using HIKUU Bamboo Whisk, applying a zigzag motion until a paste is formed.
• Add a further 60ml of hot water and whisk until a thick layer of froth forms on the top.
• Drink immediately as is or serve with steamed milk for matcha latte
• Adjust matcha quantity based on personal taste.
My preference is almond milk for my matcha lattes – non-dairy-milk compliments matcha the best
Always use non-boiling water to make matcha, boiling water will destroy the tea leaves and leave your matcha tasting bitter.
I recommend consuming Ceremonial Grade Matcha Powder, over culinary matcha powder. It is rich in antioxidants, full of immune-boosting properties and can help boost mood/ energy levels.
Follow Jess on Instagram @jessalizzi